Here are some of Krista's ideas, with a few of my own thrown in.
- Anything that suits the theme! Purple streamers, balloons, flowers. Krista hung purple "twirlies" (if anyone has the proper terminology, let me know) inside and out.
- Pin the tail on the purple unicorn.
- Make a craft (e.g. foam door hanger craft, or paint small boxes purple and decorate with jewels; see what the dollar store has in stock)
- Make abstract art collages out of different colours of purple paper.
- Grape bubblegum blowing contest.
- Scavenger hunt (inside or out) for list of purple items. Can provide a full list, or name one item at a time and leave a clue with each to help find the next.
- Purple suckers
- Welch's grape fruit snacks
- Grape juice
- Grape yogurt tubes, jello, popsicles, etc.
- With purple icing, served on purple plates and eaten with purple forks
1/2 cup cold water
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, baking in well-greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Poke with fork at 1/2-inch intervals. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water and pour over cake in pan. Chill 3 to 4 hours. Top with thawed Cool Whip®.
I know, I know...pretty low key, but no one was complaining.