Monday, March 12

Glerups Slippers: Warm, Natural and Stylish!

Winter may be winding down, but it's never too late to invest in a great pair of slippers! Glerups slippers from Denmark are made naturally from the warmest wool and all-natural leather soles.

Until recently, I haven't been a big slipper-wearer, but I was very excited to try out a pair of Glerups because we always have PJ day at school and I never have any coordinating footwear!

I received a pair of the women's "slipper" style in red, valued at $99. (You can also get "shoe" and "boot" cuts, all shown below, and all styles come in black, brown, grey and red).

These are VERY comfortable slippers. There's a small lip on the back that bugged me at first, but then I quickly got used to it, and I love them. I actually didn't realize that they were meant to be worn barefoot until I explored the website, so I started taking my socks off, and it actually makes them feel even nicer.

Made of 100% wool with calfskin soles (Glerup likes to say that the leather bottoms "take the 'slip' out of slippers"), they are self-cleaning, but come with instructions for handwashing in cold water, should you decide to do that.



Glerups are very warm, since wool actually releases heat when dampened, which is one of the important reasons for wearing them barefoot.



While I happen to think they are extremely stylish, my husband's first reaction was: "Those look like slippers we used to wear growing up on the farm!"...which he did not consider a compliment. However, I take it as as further proof of their natural appeal.

For more information, please visit their website at

Disclosure: I was provided with a pair of Glerups for review purposes. Opinions are, as always, my own.